Sex toys - EdenFantasys adult toys store
This is an adult-themed blog in which sex, love, relationships, and violence are discussed. It should be considered 18+.

Saturday, May 1, 2010

I was wondering today when it was that I stopped feeling the need to be around Husband whenever possible:
Did it come with availability? When we got married or when we first started really dating and I could pretty much be with him whenever I wanted.
Did it come when we started cohabitating?
Was it some little thing he did or said?
Was it some odd seemingly reasonless internal distinction?

I don't know, but I do know that now, while I love Husband and generally like being around him, I sometimes need to be in a space for a few hours that he is not and that I know he is not suddenly going to appear in.

I don't see it as a lack of love or affection, but rather a basic human urge to have a space and time to simply exist without having to think of others and their needs, no matter how simple. (A call across the house "I love you" while doing something else demanding a response)

I was interested to discuss with the Philosopher recently the differences in the idea of "privacy" between different cultures. In America, we expect our own spaces, our own things, and the ability to share or withold information. In the Philosopher's country, all rooms (excepting, I think, the bathroom) are communal and people pass in and out at will, things may be borrowed without even asking on the assumption (presumption being the wrong word as it seems to imply wrongful assumption) that people will bring those items back, and thoughts are shared or a person is thought to be cold.

I couldn't help but wonder, if that is how the whole community treats you, what's so special about marriage?

No comments:

Post a Comment